Wednesday, November 10, 2010

mixed feelings.

I just had my last day of high school. What seemed so far many years ago is finally here. 

I'll be facing my SPM examinations soon. Soon after that, I'll be leaving for Melbourne for studies. 

This huge change in direction, had me thinking a lot. 

What will it be like to be in a foreign land for 4years?
What kind of people will I meet?
How am I going to cope with all the changes?

How am I going to cope with the fact that we'll be very far apart?

It's not that I'm doubting us, it's that we don't know what the future beholds for us. Although we have a good foundation, we still can't be sure whether it'll work out, whether we'll give in to the distance and loneliness. Some unforeseen events may just strip us apart, and I don't want that to happen. A few months after I leave for Australia, you'll be going to the other end of the world. The distance will be further. You've got the opportunity and financial ability to go to the UK, so why not? I mean it's where almost everyone wants to go, so who am I to ask you to give up this opportunity for me? I'm not that insensible. Well, in the worst case scenario, you'd have to go to Australia, I'd be more than happy. Yet, it's like being very selfish. I don't want to be that person to influence your decision and strip the golden opportunity from you, 'cos I want you to outshine the brightest star in the night sky. 







 I was totally blinded by the sight of the diamonds in the Belgium Pavilion at the Shanghai Expo, hence I sent a message to my darling.

" Darling, where's my diamond?"
" Your diamond is in Malaysia. It's not the shiny type, but unlike other diamonds, this one loves you. "

-- Texts between me and my diamond :)

No comments:

Post a Comment