I just came across this quote on a picture my friend shared on Facebook.
"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've stayed strong for too long."
This triggered an interesting train of thoughts.
Why do people stay strong? To ease the worries and anxiety of their loved ones? To pretend to be okay when they are not?
Or is it because they have to stay strong for their loved ones? Maybe they wanted to be able to shelter their loved ones from the typhoons and tsunamis of life, hence staying strong.
So is Love the reason people stay strong?
So, according to the quote, my guess is that the people who stayed strong for too long crumbled.
Crumbled.
How?
By the lost of loved ones? Crumbling under the pressure to perform? Or simply losing the reason to stay strong?
When your reason to stay strong suddenly disappears, you crumble to pieces. The reason that has been holding you together for so long is no more.
My reason to stay strong is him. I am both independent and dependent at the same time. I am independent in a sense that I have an independent social life which does not involve him; I am dependent in a sense that he has taken up so much space in my heart that his absence will leave me an empty soul.
You are the reason why I stay strong. No, it is because of you I am strong. Without you I will crumble to pieces and will take a really long time to rebuild my life. I cry because I fear that I might lose you, the reason why I'm strong.
Well doesn't that make me sound weak?
I would beg to differ.
Does losing the reason of you staying strong make you weak? It is like saying does the absence of evil make you good? ( You could probably be amoral )
By admitting that you've lost your cause for being strong, shows that you ARE strong, simply because that you are bold enough to admit your loss. A weakling would be in denial and would not accept reality.
Strong, or weak? It's subjective ;D
Different people stay strong for various reasons. What's yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment