Went water rafting today. During the briefing, I was really taken aback by the word "capsize".
It reminded me of the dragon boat incident which claimed lives.
Then, we had this water confidence thing. We had to lay on our back through a quite rapid current and swim to the shore after that part. While flowing through the current, I drank some water and my vision was blurred. I was really afraid. I quickly swam towards where we were supposed to as I couldn't catch the rope. My swimming efforts became futile up to a part. One of our comrades pulled me. I was coughing and nearly crying after I got onto my feet. It was really scary. The victims must have felt worse during the incident. =,(
After that, it was ok. I had fun at certain parts. I repeat, CERTAIN parts. while passing one of the rapids, I was thrown out of the raft. Fear and insecurity struck me once again. Handed the paddle to the guide for him to pull me up. He asked me to let it go and managed to pull me up after a few tries. While in the water, I felt this searing pain at my left ankle and the left side of my waist. It was quite bad for a while. Can still walk now, but not feeling good.
At the last rapid, I hit the helmet of the person who was in front of me. Ouch. My right upper lip is still aching now.
Oh well, I think white water rafting isn't my stuff. Maybe rock climbing will suit me better.
By the way, yesterday morning before leaving for Gopeng, I checked the site of our supposed-t0-be-residence's gallery. Only then I realised it was the resort opposite Gopeng Rainforest Resort, the one I went to with Bilden for the study trip.
Throughout the journey I was like "Why aren't we staying there?" etc etc. Upon arrival, we were informed my Aunt Mei Ling that my family is staying there as Adeline Rest House was full. And of course I exclaimed in joy.
Met Uncle David and Aunty Janice. We sort of talked about the trip. Uncle David showed us the video of our trip, and Aunt Janice told my parents about her insight on Bilden. She said that the way our beloved Auntie Jackie conveys the message is really good. She also said that when she first visited Bilden, she thought that it was merely a drawing class.
Oh, and I have undone work. Oh well.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment